Our portable purifiers are capable of filtering out dust, dander, smog, smoke, mold, germs, bacteria, and pollen.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it capable of filtering?
How long does the Wynd Purifier's Battery last with a charge?
When it's not plugged in, the Wynd Plus (the purifier and tracker combined) lasts for about 8 hours on normal use (continuously running at a medium purification level).
How long will the Wynd Air Quality Tracker's battery last?
When it's not docked into the purifier or plugged in, the Wynd Air Quality Tracker can last for over a week if it senses every hour.
What are your filters made out of?
The Wynd Plus’s filter is made using medical-grade materials. The filters have an embedded antimicrobial layer with silver to keep it clean from microbes such as bacteria and mold (report of 99.9% bacteria removal can be found here). As air passes through this filter, the particulate pollutants are removed and any residual germs are killed off, and purified air flows out into your environment.
How long do the filters last?
The filter typically lasts for 3 months in a polluted environment (with an average AQI of 200). In a less polluted environment (such as most of the U.S.), it lasts between 3 months and 1 year.
How do I know when to replace my filters?
We can calculate the filter life for you through our app. By tracking how polluted the air is around the filter—as well as Wynd’s airflow level and usage duration—we can tell you how used up the filter is and alert you when it’s time to order a replacement. You can opt into subscribing to automatic replacement filter shipments.
What is Auto Mode and how does it work?
Auto Mode is the “set it and forget it” setting of the Plus. Unlike the Essential, the Wynd Plus contains its own air monitoring device, the Wynd Tracker. Auto Mode will use your PM data from your Tracker to determine the AQI in your immediate area and then automatically adjust the fan speed depending on the air quality.
What is Night Mode and how do I enable it?
Placing your purifier in Night Mode will turn off its LED light ring so it does not keep you awake at night. To enable Night Mode, tap the “A” (Auto) button twice in quick succession.
You can also enable Night Mode in the app on the Devices page.
How do I replace my filters?
To replace your filter in your Plus, unscrew the bottom cap of the purifier and remove the old filter. Then place in your new filter and re-screw the cap.
How loud is it?
Depending on purification level, Wynd ranges from 30 decibels (quiet rural area) to 55 decibels (a normal conversation).
Do I need to point the Wynd Plus at myself?
No. The Wynd Plus can be facing vertically and still create a clean air bubble around you. We recommend keeping Wynd within 3 - 6 feet of your head depending on purification level for maximum effectiveness while vertical.
If you tilt Wynd toward your face using the accompanying kickstand, the effective purification area range will increase in conjunction with purification level up to 8 feet.
Does the Plus emit ozone?
No, the Wynd Essential does not emit any ozone.
Step 1: Attach the kickstand
- Snap the kickstand into the attachment points on the sides of the WYND Plus/Essential Purifier.
- Expand the Kickstarter to funnel clean air at an angle.
Step 2: Install the WYND Mobile App
- Please download the Sentry app on the App Store.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the app to create an account.
Step 3: Connect your device to the WYND Mobile App
- Select the Devices tab from the bottom navigation bar.
- Select Set up Wynd or Add a new device and choose the Wynd (Purifier + Tracker)
- Select Begin pairing and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you have successfully paired your purifier, you will be promoted to pair the tracker.
- Take out your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions.
Monitor your air
The WYND Tracker senses the air quality. Leave it docked to charge while it tracks the air or take it out to monitor air quality on the go. The tracker’s light color indicates air quality. See image below for air quality color scale.
- Plug your purifier into the USB-C cord and adapter that we provided.
- Ensure that your adapter is plugged into a wall outlet.
- Reset your purifier by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
- Reset your tracker by inserting a pin or other small instrument into the hole in the back of the tracker (located between the two metal charging contacts).
- Restart your phone.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the newest version of the Wynd app.
- Turn your phone's Bluetooth connection off and then on.
- Turn on Location Services in your settings (If it's not already on)
- Try to connect to the device through the Wynd app.
Note: If the purifier does not turn on, charge it for 4 hours before using it unplugged.You can still use it while it’s charging!
Tracker: Tap the button on the side of the WYND Tracker to turn it on and off (the purifier’s button doesn’t effect the tracker)
Hold the side button on the tracker for 3 seconds to put the tracking in pairing mode.
Auto mode automatically adjusts the airflow level based on the air quality (as sensed by the tracker).
Tap the Auto button (button with an A symbol) on the purifier to turn on Auto mode.
Turn the top control ring to adjust airflow.
- Turn the control ring clockwise to increase airflow.
- Turn the control ring counterclockwise to decrease airflow.
Night Mode - turn off the lights
Night mode turns off the light to help improve sleep quality and save power.
Tracker: Double tap the button on the side of the tracker to turn on night mode.
Plug in the supplied USB-C cable to the slot in the back of the purifier. (Make sure to use our supplied cable to protect your device from bad third-party cables!)
Tracker: To charge the tracker, dock it in the purifier and turn on the purifier.
Change the filter
- Screw off the bottom cap.
- Take out the old filter and insert the new one.
- Screw the bottom cap back in.
The filter should last an average of 3 months, and the app shows your filter lifetime. If you twist off the bottom cap to check out the filter, make sure and twist it back on tightly. If it’s not securely in place, the tracker won’t be able to charge correctly.
Not Charging Due to Tracker
- Disconnect the charging cable from the purifier if it is currently connected and make sure the purifier is off.
- Remove the tracker from the purifier.
- Reconnect the charging cable, that we provided with the device, to the purifier. -Please verify that the cable fits securely into the Purifier
- Check to see if there is a white led light inside of the purifier where the fan sits. (see attached) 5. Allow the purifier to charge for a couple of hours.
- Please check to see if your purifier will turn on and run.
- If the purifier is working, you can now plug the tracker back in.
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of our Plus and Essential purifiers is 9 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM).